Below is an article penned by singer,
Davido, to share his side of the raging
controversy as he battles his baby-mama,
Sophia Momodu and her uncle, Dele
Momodu, for the custody of his love-child,
Imade Adeleke.
Birth of Imade Adeleke
When the second trimester of Sophia’s
pregnancy was closing, she tortuously
announced to me that she was in the family
way.
My mind was bemused,and so was my soul
confused. But I quickly realized that nothing
more could be done to alter my status as a
father-to-be. I knew that i was not ready to
be a dad. Still, I adjusted myself to the
realities of my new situation and the
consequences of my past personal
indiscretions.
I made the determination that I was going to
be a good dad. I also reasoned that my
blunder is not enough pretext to make me a
husband. I was just 21. And so I decided to
be a responsible dad without being husband
to the mother of my baby. I never was in
love with Sophia neither was marriage ever in
the offing.
Without knowing for sure that I was the real
dad of the baby, I entrusted Sophia to the
services of a private hospital for both pre-
natal and post-natal medical cares. An
apartment at Lekki was leased for 2 years,
and paid for by me. The burden of medical
bills, feeding, transportation and sundry costs
rested on my person. No family member of
Sophia including Uncle Dele Momodu rose to
help nor guide Sophia.
I own my property at Lekki and had allowed
Sophia to stay in the house because she
claimed that she knew nobody in Lagos and
that her father was deceased whilst her
mother was resident in Abuja. For real,
Sophia was a drifter without a dime,
education nor career.
My compassion, ignorance, naivety and poor
judgment had combined to make me a victim
to a much older lady with super cunning
sense that was mixed with a vicious and
diabolical nature. I stand accused but calmly
accepted my responsibility for the sad
misadventure that caused me to be a seat-
mate with Sophia on a plane that was flying
nowhere.
All along, I have only been generous with
Sophia without knowing for sure I was the
father to the baby she was carrying. On May
14, 2015, Sophia delivered her baby named
Imade. It was after Sophia had deliveredthe
baby that DNA testing medically confirmed
that I was indeed the biological father of our
child named Imade.
Once this status was obtained, Sophia started
to apply maximum financial demands on me.
I bought all the baby things and fully
furnished her apartment. Sophia knew well
how to spend money and yet contributed
zero to the vast expenses that I incurred.
None in her family contributed even a fake
coin to the cost of having Imade.
Uncle Dele Momodu, now the pompous
moralist, never visited Sophia nor even
delivered an ordinary greeting cardto Imade
nor to her mum. Throughout the many
months that Sophia stayed at my house when
she claimed she has no family in Lagos, Uncle
Dele Momodu and his bossy wife never
showed up at my house to say hello to either
of us.
When the going was good, Sophia had told
me plenty things about her uncle Dele
Momodu that I need not repeat here. And she
never invited me to go with her to visit him
and I don’t have the knowledge that she ever
visited him throughout the time she stayed in
my house. She always explained that a visit to
Uncle Dele was needless and unnecessary.
Uncle Dele Momodu never liked, and still
does not like Sophia. He is now just
grandstanding because Sophia had a baby for
a fairly prominent family and famous Davido.
The case of MrsMomodu baffles me even
more. Why did she not think it necessary to
move to Sophia’s apartment to help her out
and show her the tricks of motherhood when
Imade was newly born. Not once did she visit
Sophia and her baby until December 2015.
She gave neither care, love nor financial
support to Sophia. Now, at 7 months old, and
a child with special medical needs,
MrsMomodu rushed to the Lagos Airport to
make an awful botch of her standing as a
mother: MrsMomodu certainly not a good
person. She put time and energy to prevent
my daughter and I,the real father of Imade,
from travelling aboard to keep an
appointment with the American Hospital,
Dubai. At the point of dying in November,
2015Imade had been rushed to this medical
facility in Dubai, where she received helpful
and adequate treatment, and was duly
returned to Nigeria, without any side
excursions.
What then suddenly propels the fear or
dangerous love ofMr&MrsMomodu for
Sophia? I deeply sense this couple never
loved Sophia nor her late father. They also
resent her mum, and probably are jealous
that Sophia ever became a mum herself, and
thus, wish that Sophia’s daughter who is also
my daughter, must needlessly perish.
Where is the inherent value in a callous
human ploy that directly intends to prevent a
child from receiving necessary medical care
aboard once the biological father,
DavidAdeleke, the child’s grandfather and all
my siblings who are uncles and aunties to
Imadeare booked to fly on this essential
medical trip to which we have attached a
restful family vacation? Sophia ain’t a
member of our family, period.
Surely, Sophia was not with Imade when she
first visited Dubai, and yet Imade was
promptly returned to Nigeria. And no one
said Sophia cannot come to Dubai except that
I declared that I don’t want the trip to seem
like a spousal get-away. Sophia ain’t my wife
and I refuse to let any action conspire to
make us look like a couple. She seemed
unable or unwilling to pay her way to Dubai.
Also, her boastful Uncle, alas, refused to
volunteer to pay her way to Dubai.
I never suggested to an elder what he should
take up as his personal responsibility if
indeed he cared at all for Sophia as his
robust involvement in our odd relationship
wishes to establish.MrMomodu never bought
the ticket but wanted to enforce his cosine to
join my family on this Dubai trip.
Dangerous lights are furiously blinking red
around my daughter, Sophia and my person.
Uncle Dele Momodu and his wife are
providers of the energy espousing the idea of
a needless death to my daughter. I now say it
loud and clear, should my daughter die, this
strange couple are mainly responsible. Mr
Dele Momodu should just leave me and my
family alone! His daughter is not who had a
baby for me, and he has been too much of an
absentee uncle to Sophia to have any traction
on the moral authority that commands the
soul and heart of this matter. Sophia Never
formally introduced him nor his wife to me,
at anytime. Why are they now crowding my
space and that of my daughter?
Custody, Lifestyle and Imade’s Loss of
Wellness
In May, the same month Imade was born,
Sophia settled in her fancy apartment for
which I paid a hefty bill for a 2 year lease.
Her baby was healthy. And she seemed
happy. I would take care of all the financial
needs of Imade and still pay Sophia a living
allowance of 300,000 Naira plus utility bills.
Within a matter of weeks, Sophia missing and
lusting for the streets of Lagos, especially the
glitzy night life. She often left Imade home
for clubbing, binge drinking and a life of
debauchery and deviant living. She would
sleep all day and party all night. When awake,
she was addicted to the telephone and
cannabis. She paid the baby no attention at
all and seem to despise motherhood and
parenting.
Imade was in her custody for 2 straight
months, unchallenged and uninterrupted,
until the baby took badly and severely ill in
July. Imade cried, ceaselessly, for 48 hours.
She was rushed to the hospital where her
condition confounded medical experts.
Several tests were conducted on her and
later on the mother. Medical reports, herein
attached(exhibit 1), proved that Sophia’s
blood was polluted to the maximum level
with cannabis and she had by the process of
breast feeding infected her child with
complicated medical conditions associated
with the use of alcohol and especially
cannabis. The trouble spot for Imade was her
lungs. She had difficulty breathing largely
because of the contaminated breast milk and
the severity of the “Second Smoke” of
marijuana inhaled by the poor child.
The medical experts at the hospital were
enraged by the callous treatment of Imade by
her own mother and declared her unfit for
the caring and the nursing of a delicate baby.
The team determined that they would hand
over the baby to the Children’s Welfare
Authority of Lagos State Government. My
family started to plead with the hospital
management. For the first time, Sophia too
was sober, sorry and contrite. We pleaded
that the baby would be kept from the mother
once she was returned to us, and that we
would take over responsibilities for Imade’s
welfare.
Voluntarily, Sophia, in the attempt to avoid
the handing over of the baby to the children
welfare authority, agreed to a compromise
position that she would transfer Imade to the
Adeleke family until the cannabis in the
systems of both mum and daughter was
completely outand comprehensively cleaned
out.
The medical expert also indicated that the full
damage to Imade’s person could not be
ascertained right away and that her mental
state now or in d future could not be
determined nor predicted until perhaps when
she would have attained adulthood. This was
why and how Imade was transferred tothe
custody of the Adeleke family.
Soonest, Sophia began to make vigorous
demands for the brand new car promised to
her by me in May. My father stood out of all
this matter and pointedly told me that
although I was very young but I was already
making big income and therefore must learn
to be a responsible adult who takes care of
business properly and accordingly. He had
instructed since May, that i should provide
the mother of my baby with a car, without
delay.
But I have since had a change of mind on
this issue because, of Sophia’s night crawling
activities and reckless partying at night clubs.
Her clubbing rendezvous escalated. In fact,
she had gone to a club on Victoria Island and
spent 250,000 Naira in one night.
Unashamedly,she told the management of the
club to slap “Davido” with the bill. I have
refused to pay but till date, the club has
never let off the harassment of my person
for the settlement of this wild bill. I still
don’t believe that my obstinacy will finally
absorbed from the payment of this reckless
charge. This was one of the main reason I put
the purchase of the car on hold
Meanwhile,Imade was increasingly worse off
in wellness and she had to be flown to the
American hospital in Dubai. I wrote a letter
of release authorizing my sister to travel to
Dubai with Imade. The hospital saved Imade
who was returned to Nigeria with a medical
equipment that had to be used daily to
enable Imadeto gain restful sleep and
balanced respiratory rhythm. The photograph
of this equipment is hereby attached.
If Imade had not gone to Dubai, it is fair to
say that she may not be alive today. Still,
some people prevented her from keeping a
follow-up appointment at the American
Hospital in Dubai.For the silliest possible
reason.My family would not pay for Sophia’s
flight ticket and thus Imade would be
disallowed from traveling for the vital
purpose of medical conditions that lend
oxygen to her life. Which is more important
to Mr Dele Momomdu, the ticket for his
cousin or the overall wellness of Imade? And
why can’t this glamorous uncle buy the ticket
for Sophia so that the life of imade is not
compromised?
The claim has been made that the aborted
trip to Dubia was to takeImade to America.
This is not true.Imade’s Nigerian passport is
right now with the Immigration Office with
no American Visa embossed on it and Imade,
though qualified to possess an American
Passport because her dad is an American
citizen,still does not possess an American
passport. True,her passport is being
processed but the truancy of her mother has
caused a major delay. I therefore ask, how
willImade have entered America without a
visa on her Nigerian passport? The great
dynamics of lying is that the liar is the first
to know that he has told a lie, and the lies
told would certainly demolish his integrity
and the peace of his soul. Uncle Dele
Momodu, beware!
So poor in understanding is the cerebral
capacity of your cousin or niece that she
cannot even operate the equipment that
stabilizes her child’s lungs despite rigorous
training offered to her (Exhibit2). She is
dismally inattentive. But she is a fabulous
cannon fodder for all the frivolities of life.
What more can I do for a woman who is not
my wife? I am 23. I ain’t ready for marriage
or even fatherhood. But I have accepted my
responsibilities as my father raised me to
understand life and deal with all its
challenges.
The only reason why some of us are dancing
naked in the market place today is because
Sophia’s request to go to Dubai on my ticket
was declined. She is demanding for her new
car and a raise of her allowance to one
million naira per month. The sole reason why
she’s demanding for the custody of Imade is
to justify the necessity for this delusional one
million naira. A domestic matter that could
have been quietly and sensibly settled has
been tossed to the public domain with the
brutal consequences to the most innocent
actor in this drama, Imade.
From December 23-28, Sophia lived at my
father’s Lekki residence in peace except for
the first one hour when a medication was
misapplied by her and Imade speedily
vomited for a fearfully long time. Sophia did
not know how to even bathe her own baby.
She brought a friend to stay with her in a 3-
bedroom flat with a resident professional
nurse and nanny. Overall, her stay was joyful
and in alignment with the thrills of the
Christmas holiday season.
On December 29, less than 24hours of
leaving my father’s house, Sophia was at the
airport in the company of her uncle and his
wife with malice aforethought and the aim to
do maximum damage that would obstruct her
child from traveling aboard to receive
necessary and needful medical care. She was
welcome to join us if she had bought her
ticket or her uncle had funded her for the
trip.
I offered to buy her a car and suggested a
Toyota brand or Hyundai. She lost her cool
and told me off. She wanted a fancy jeep and
preferably, a Mercedes Benz Jeep. I laughed
because she just wanted to be a Lagos Big
Girl for nothing. She hardly can cope with
the cheapest car much less the ruinous cost
of maintaining a Mercedes Benz vehicle. In
December she received 500,000 naira as her
allowance without doing anything for Imade.
Life is not a bed of roses. Neither have I ever
promised Sophia a rose garden. Her
spontaneous motions of delusions utterly
baffle me!
On her twitter page, she claimed she has
recovered Imade from captivity. But Imade
never was in captivity. Sophia certainly knows
where Imade is. And it is where she left her
on December 28, at my father’s house. What
is the lie about? Sophia also claimed that she
hasn’t seen her daughter in 5 months This
cannot be true. Sophie spent every Sunday
with her baby at my father’s house since July
2015 when she voluntarily transferred Imade
to the Adeleke family after the cannabis
incidence.
She and her daughter constantly appear on
her face book and twitter pages throughout
this period of 5 months. What manner of
unreliable and lying person is Sophia.? The
picture of your reconciliation with Imade
after “captivity” that you posted on your
twitter page came directly from the photo
shoot that you posed for at my father’s
house during your Christmas stay. Why can’t
you ever be affable with truth nor have a
relationship with honour?
Uncle Dele Momodu was the first to bring
this domestic matter online and onto the
internet. Uncle Dele Momodu ran smack into
the internet highway on December 30 with
Video recordings that he dishonestly,
immorally and unlawfully recorded at a
government facility and office at the Murtala
Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.
Uncle, you are wrong and you are not doing
the right thing.
By doing a thing so unlawful over a domestic
mater between a 23-yearold boy and your
niece is a bothersome slight that proved your
niece must have learnt her sleazy ways from
your own accomplished slap-happy conduct.
Life is beautiful if we all live in simple ways
and do not engage criminal gadgets to
replace integrity and honour. Your worthless
videorecordings has achieved nothing.But
exposed your naivety and lack of decorum.
Your recordings cannot alter the fact that I
am “Davido” father of Imade and it cannot
force me to be the husband of your cousin.
In truth, I don’t know if you are uncle or
cousin to Sophia. The word uncle has lost it
esteem since the timethat sleazebucket took
over our land. Still, Uncle Dele Momodu, it is
immoral, unlawful and unethical to
clandestinely record anyone, especially
friends and family members. This scandalous
act truly got you slaughtered and put a new
slant on your person.
Late evening on December 30, I responded to
your vicious internet publications that
attacked me and my family. As you well
know, my response was a slam dunk that hurt
you badly and diminished your person. You
perhaps deserved what you got. But my
father’s counsel and the love I have for
Imade prompted me to recall the arrow
aimed at you. You see, my father raised me
well, and I promptly complied with his
advise. I thus deleted all references to the
issue of December 29 at the Airport and
apologized to you in particular along with all
my fans. I showed you respect even if u had
drunkenly provoked me.
Instead of reciprocating with love and elderly
wisdom, you sustained your attack of me
with even more venom and hatefulness. With
all due respect for my dad, I am compelled
to speak to your lies and your simulation of
grand self-importance. I am 23 and you are
almost 60. Your cousin has a baby for me.
Rather than bring us together as a family, you
wished for glowing embers to come out of
cool cucumber. You know damn well how to
grandstand. This is why you instructed your
lawyers to put garbage on the internet in a
matter that should be showcased in the court
of law.
Uncle, who offended you? Is it Davido,
Sophia or Imade? It cannot be my late mum
after whom I named Imade. Is it my gentle
dad? Why have you engaged yourself in a
bitter private vendetta with my family?
Uncle, you will have your day in court. But
you will soonest be forced to embrace the
fact that the crowning glory of your puffing
and pride rests in your stunning emptiness.
Again, I dare you, publish the garbage in your
vanity trunk or perish!.
I am 23 and a performing artiste that God
immensely blessed and I have joyfully made
good in the industry. I won’t do this forever,
and I shall timely step aside in the nearest
future. I have a degree and I am stashing my
monies aside so that I can build a decent
future for Imade plus my future wife and
family. I believe as the bible says, “every
good gift is from above”.
There is nothing better in life than to tell the
truth and pray. May God ever stand by me
and deliver to me my dreams and wishes.
May He also deliver to your own children
their dreams and desires. Uncle Dele
Momodu, please, please leave me and my
family alone even if it is clear, by God’s will,
that you can’t do us a thing. As for me, this
is the end of this conversation. May God lead
both of us to the righteous path.I thank you
very much, sir.
Sunday, 3 January 2016
Davido writes on the controversy with Sophia and Dele Momodu, shares exhibits (PHOTOS)
Labels:
Entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment